In this master class, we will learn decoupage bottles. At first glance this may seem complicated, but we assure you, very soon you will understand how simple and exciting it is. For decoupage bottles we will need:
- A clean glass bottle, convenient for decoupage - even, without excess bulges.
- Three-layer wipes with selected pattern(for beginners it is desirable to stock up several napkins, in case of damage), special decoupage cards, clippings of vending pictures from magazines, printouts, etc.
- Means for degreasing the glass surface of the bottle (alcohol, acetone, solvent, liquid for removing varnish).
- To primer the surface of the bottle you will need ordinary acrylic paint, which you can buy at any construction store.
- Special decoupage glue or the most common PVA glue.
- Brushes for work of different thickness - it is better to take a flat and necessarily synthetic, since the natural on the surface can be hairs.
- Colored acrylic paints.
- Acrylic lacquer - it looks milky white in appearance, but becomes clear when it dries.
- Additional decorative elements - sequins, beads, rhinestones, bows, ribbons.
- One-step or two-step craquelure varnish - if you want to create an effect of antiquity.
- Manicure scissors for cutting out selected fragments of the motif.
- Painting tape for sealing places that are not intended for painting.
- Foam roller or a piece of foam rubber.
- Disposable plates or special trays for paints and varnishes.
Preparing the surface First of all, we cleana bottle of labels - soak it in a soapy solution and use sandpaper to wipe away the remains of paper and glue. Now the surface must be degreased with alcohol, vodka, solvent, acetone, nail polish remover or a high-quality detergent for glasses. Priming the surface of the bottle Surface priming is not necessary, but it is the background that will give the composition integrity and completeness, and fragments of drawings will look brighter and clearer. The background can be made either on the entire surface of the bottle, or only in those places where you are going to place the motif. To prime the bottle, in a wide jar or bowl, cast a little acrylic paint of the right color, if necessary, dilute it with water to a consistency resembling liquid sour cream. The background color should be selected based on the color of the selected image. The bottle should be slightly lighter than the base color of the napkin. Foam roller or sponzhik put the primer on the surface of the bottle. For greater saturation, you may need two or three layers of paint. Before applying the second layer, the first one should be allowed to dry. To accelerate the process, you can use a hairdryer. Cut motives for sticking Takethree-layer paper napkin and manicure scissors carefully cut motifs attracted. The picture can not be cut out, and carefully pulled out, then the bottle will not be visible to the clear boundaries of the picture and it is better to "enter" the background. Separate the top layer of the napkin. This is what we need for gluing. For decoupage you can use not only napkins, but also clippings from magazines, reproductions, any other vending pictures and even printouts made on the printer. If the paper is too thick, first apply several layers of acrylic lacquer on the picture, give each layer time to dry completely, 20 minutes soak everything in water so that the paper is thoroughly soaked. Then, from the back side of the picture, the paper is carefully separated. Now a thin picture can be safely pasted to the base. If everything is done properly, the picture will look like painted! We paste motifs on the bottle.You can use special decoupage glue, as well as undiluted or diluted with water PVA glue (in the ratio 1x1). Napkins put dry on a dry surface, and then brush "glue" with glue from the middle to the edges, removing all the bubbles and wrinkles. For the sample, you can practice on an unnecessary bottle and napkin. Dekupazhnye cards before use it is necessary to soak for a short time in warm water, to pull out and dry on a towel. All these actions should be carried out with extreme caution, so as not to accidentally break the picture. If you use a decoupage map, apply it on the back side with PVA glue, attach it to the bottle with the center and, starting from the center, gradually straighten the front side with a brush and glue, avoiding the formation of bubbles and folds. You can glue several motifs on the widest part of the bottle, or distribute large and small elements on the entire surface. We fix the result with varnish We are waiting while pastedmotives completely dry out. To protect our masterpiece, the whole surface of the bottle must be covered with several layers of acrylic lacquer. Before applying each successive layer of lacquer, let's completely dry out the previous one. That the bottle can be washed, wiped and actively used in everyday life, without fear of decor, you will need at least three layers of protective varnish. That's all the wisdom of bottle decoupage! We hope that the first pancake was not lumpy. Having mastered the basics, you can proceed to more complex experiments.