If you are one of those people who areprefer the individuality and originality, even decorating the New Year tree, this master-class will definitely have to your liking. In it I want to tell how a usual Christmas tree toy, which thousands are sold in shops and market stalls, is turned into a stylish Christmas decoration with the help of several skeins of yarn and hook. In fact, this is not difficult at all, so you will be able to cope with the work even with beginner needlewomen who have mastered the initial basics of crochet. A little patience, perseverance and your exclusive decoration will be ready!
Materials and tools for work
So, to make a ball on the Christmas tree crocheted, we need:
- plastic Christmas tree ball of medium size;
- viscose tape yarn of three shades (in our case it is blue, pink and black);
- Crochet hook;
- small mother-of-pearl white beads;
- sewing needle;
- reel strands of the right color.
Description of the stages of work
1. To an extraordinary plastic Christmas tree ball has acquired individuality, we will tie it with fantasy yarn. In addition to the Christmas tree toy, any other suitable object in the form, size and weight (it should be light) can be taken as a basis. Perfectly suitable for this plastic ball from children's dry pools, a small rubber ball or a simply formed ball of foil. We start with the fact that we type the yarn of the first color, we have it black, a chain of four air loops. 2. Next, the chain is closed into a ring and we tie it around in circles with columns with one crochet, so that we have a knitted detail resembling a flat circle. 3.The next row is also tied in a circle with columns with a single crochet, only to ensure that the part is uniformly increased in size and not deformed, from each column of the lower row, we immediately unfasten two columns of the upper one. 4. Now we include yarn of the second color, we have it pink. And also we tie a third row around it with columns with one crochet, making uniform additions so that the part is not deformed. 5. Depending on the size of the ball, which we undertook to tie, the number of even rows for creating the base of the figure may already be enough, and maybe, as in our case, we need one more. We also carry it out with additions, black yarn. 6. From the next row, to repeat the shape of the ball, we need to knit our workpiece without adding. We turn blue yarn into work and tie a row through it, gently tearing out from the bottom row only one column with a top cuff. 7. Further, in the same way making no additions and decrements, and tying strictly one column with one crochet from each column of the previous row we knit two more rows - one black, the other blue. We try our knitted workpiece on a ball, and making sure that all the dimensions coincide and our original "cover" is good and tight sits on the basis we continue the work. 8. Another nice black color we sew without changes, after that thoroughly we put the workpiece on the ball and then continue to knit already on it. 9. We take the pink yarn and knit in a circle, making uniform reductions of the columns, so that the "cover" exactly repeats the shapes of the ball. 10. The last two rows are knitted with ribbon yarn of black color. Here, we also make uniform depressions to make the decor fit tightly to the base. Then fix the thread and trim the excess. If you tied a Christmas toy like we did, while not cutting the thread at once, you will tie a loop at the base of the ball in the form of a chain of air loops, for which the ornament can be hung on a branch of a Christmas tree. 11. Here is a stylish Christmas ball, crocheted with us it turns out. 12. A Christmas ball, crocheted, can be left in the form that you see in the photo above, and you can still decorate it with additional details. In our case, these will be florets, we also crochet them using yarn of the same colors as in the main work. We dial a chain of three air loops and close it in a ring. 13. Next, on the circle of the ring, we unfasten three lobes, each of which is formed according to the following scheme: 1 column without a crochet - 2 sticks with one crochet - 1 stool with two crochets - 2 stitches with one cuff - 1 stitch without a crochet. 14. By the same principle, we knit the rest of the flowers. 15.Sew a needle with a thread of the right color, untwisted flowers along the circle of the center line of the ball, and decorate the middle of each small pearl white bead. Also, such a decor can be glued with a few drops of super-glue or a hot gun. In addition to flowers, a similar knitted ball can be decorated in a different way, bead with beads, pasted with sequins and rhinestones or stretch a thin satin ribbon through the loops of knitting around the circle and form a bow from it. Here is an unusual, stylish and originalChristmas decoration we did. Using this idea, you can tie other figures, and create your own knitted design of the New Year's beauty.