- Carpet Technology: Basic Types
- Carpet technique: stitch embroidery
- Video: carpet needle embroidery technique
- Knot embroidery in carpet technique - master class
- Video: master class on embroidery in carpet technique
- Other ways of embroidering in carpet technique
- Basic seams of carpet embroidery
- Video: tapestry stitch embroidery
Today, carpet technology is reborn with an unprecedentedSpeed. Such rapid growth in popularity of carpet embroidery is due to the increased demand for handmade products in our time. And this is not surprising, because skillfully executed carpet embroidery embodied in the original floor mat or fluffy sofa cushion will decorate the interior, give it a homey feel and individuality.
Carpet technology does not require specialEquipment or some kind of long-term training. Master class, videos, drawings and schemes for carpet embroidery, recommendations will help you quickly master this amazing technique. For beginners it is better to take a ready-made set, where there is everything necessary for embroidering. To make a small rug with your own hands, you can use embroidery in carpet technique, but you can create not only a rug, but also pillows, bags and other products.
Let's consider in more detail what this embroidery carpet technique is.
Carpet Technology: Basic Types
- Loop. This is embroidery by carpet technique using a special needle for carpet weaving, when a pattern is created from a number of loops on the basis of the chosen scheme. As a basis for carpet embroidery a thick cloth is used. This technique is still called "non-woven tapestry";
- Nodular. Here we use a special hook for carpet technology. As a basis for napkin carpet embroidery is used vinyl canvas. On the entanglements of the base knots of short strings are knotted, hence the name of the technique.
Now for each kind of carpet technique in more detail.
Carpet technique: stitch embroidery
This technique of embroidering carpets was also used by our grandmothers. Huge carpets were embroidered on cold winter evenings. Then this technique was left a little forgotten, and now it comes back to life.
For work it will be necessary:
- Dense fabric;
- yarn. Any yarn will do, but it all depends on what drawings will be chosen. It is advisable to take a yarn of the same thickness and structure;
- Special needle for carpet embroidery;
- A pencil for drawing a picture on a fabric;
Selection and drawing of drawings Figures or diagrams forEmbroidery in carpet technology you can choose any that you like. Carpet embroidery will be carried out from the wrong side, so we will apply the contours of the picture to it.
The fabric is not tightened too much on the embroidery frame, which is desirable to choose this size, so that you can see the entire picture. After the fabric is stretched, it is possible to apply a pattern.
Special needle - the main working tool
Carpet technique by pullingProvides for the use of a special needle for carpet embroidery. Its tip, as it were cut at an angle, and inside the needle and handle a hole where the thread will stretch. On the side of the cut will be the front side of the needle, and the straight side, on which there is a tab for the thread, is the back.
For beginners it is better to use automaticNeedle, where the length of the needle is regulated and, accordingly, the loops will be obtained the same. As a rule, there are three replaceable needles in the set to easily pick up for different thicknesses of yarn.
During the carpet embroidery needle is kept strictlyFront or side sideways in the direction of embroidery. But the direction of the embroidery itself has absolutely no value, the main thing is that the direction of the needle movement is along the stitches.
How to begin carpet embroidery After pulling the fabric on the hoop and drawing the pattern on the chosen scheme, we proceed to embroidering.
It is very important to keep the needle perpendicular to the tissue. The thread that comes out of the top hole in the needle handle should go behind the hand so as not to get tangled or create knots.
After watching the video with the master class, you can understand exactly how to pass the needle through the fabric.
After this, the needle gently rises above theThe surface of the tissue until its tip comes to the surface. We recede from already ready stitch literally a couple of millimeters and pass the needle into the fabric again. It is important to follow clearly the chosen scheme and monitor the position of the needle (strictly perpendicular).
After 5-6 stitches, the protruding tip of the thread from which the work began, can be trimmed carefully so that it does not interfere. But you need to do this very carefully, otherwise all embroidery will simply bloom.
In the course of work on the side where the carpet embroidery goes (the wrong side), stitches will be formed, and on the front side - stitches, which will create a pattern.
When the thread has run out or the color needs to be changed The thread ends, and the end of the needle has already disappeared. In this case it is necessary to proceed as follows:
- Make a few more stitches, then pull the thread from the needle, tightly pressing the last stitch with a finger;
- We cut the thread very close to the fabric, but so that the stitch does not bloom;
- Fix the tip of the thread with textile glue.
If you need to go to another section of the embroidery, even walking alongside, you do not need to make a big stitch. Crop the thread and start a new area first.
Fill the drawing areas
It is best to start embroidery with large elements, then go to small details and other elements of carpet coloring with threads.
Choose one element, first embroider itContour needle stitch after stitch, and then start gradually fill the entire area, like coloring. To do this, you can use the circular direction of movement, and you can go by lines, you can combine the technique of performing stitches. In the video master class, you can more closely examine the process of embroidery.
When embroidering straight lines with a needle, it is necessary to go through two rows of stitches, so that the line turns out to be more even and clear.
As you can see, embroidery with such carpet technique withUsing a special needle, does not contain absolutely any difficulties. To avoid difficulties during embroidering, take note of some recommendations:
Do not need to make stitches very close to each other. If you get an empty area, you can always go back to it and make a few stitches;
- To ensure clarity at the border of two colors, you need to start stitching the inside of the lines of the printed circuit;
- When changing the direction of embroidery, the needle should be in the fabric. Cloth with a stuck needle to turn and you can continue to embroider;
- If somehow the nodules are formed on the filament, this will cause the loops to pop out of the fabric. Therefore, it is very important to prevent their education;
- Sometimes it is necessary to control the front side, so thatSee exactly or not looping loops. Do not be scared and immediately rework the first loops, which are very far from ideal. The general picture can be understood when one element is filled, i.e. The loops will lie close to each other;
- If you need to remake a certain number of loops, you just need to pull the thread until the "unsuccessful" stitches unfold. If there are many creases on the elongated thread, it is better to replace it with a new one;
- From the choice of fabric depends on the needle for carpet technology. It should be remembered, the thicker the needle is selected, the warmer the fabric needs to be taken. With the wrong selection on the tissue will be obtained holes.
The final stage That's all, our carpet embroidery is ready, it remains only to put it in order.
In warm water, add a little shampoo, and rinse in it the finished work. Strong detergents can adversely affect the threads.
After that, lay out the product on a flat surface and leave until completely dry.
If during work the fabric is bent from the hoop, it is necessary to slightly flatten it with a slightly heated iron from the wrong side of the work.
Video: carpet needle embroidery technique
Knot embroidery in carpet technique - master class
Now on sale there are whole sets forEmbroidery in carpet technique. This set is suitable for beginners, and will also be just a great gift for those who are fond of needlework. Sets for carpet technology allow you to make an original rug, tapestry or pillow with your own hands. As a rule, the kits already include:
- Base fabric,
- Cut lengths of yarn of the required length, sorted by color;
- Special hook (but not always);
It remains only to start embroidery as soon as possible.
But, such sets have one drawback -high price. You can save money if you buy canvas and yarn separately. In this case, it will be necessary to perform a number of preparatory works (cutting and selection of the yarn coloring, selection and drawing of the pattern on the substrate). Of course, this will take some time, but it is not so difficult to do it. Which way to choose, to solve exclusively for you, just like the result, will depend only on your imagination and diligence.
For work you will need:
- Ready-made set of embroidery in carpet technique or canvas with a large cell or stramine;
- Remnants of yarn. Even the smallest glomeruli are suitable here. The yarn will need to be cut into strips up to 10 cm long, depending on what one wants to get the length of the nap;
- Hook for carpet embroidery. It's also possible to use an ordinary hook, but it's not very convenient. The hook used in carpet technique has a special shape that simplifies the process of tying a knot from a thread, after it is stretched through the canvas;
- Embroidery scheme. Here it will be possible to use absolutely any scheme for cross-stitching, while the carpet canvas cell should be equated to the usual canal cell. Counting the number of cells, it should be noted that at the edges you need to leave a couple of centimeters for processing.
Preparing for embroidery
First of all, choose the drawing you like, or you can think of it yourself. It is desirable that the scheme does not contain too small elements, because they will be virtually invisible.
As a basis for embroidery, you need to takeA special grid called Stramine. It is sold in both needlework shops and in construction stores. Stramin is a dense canvas with large cells, which is widely used to make a tapestry (on video you will see how it looks).
The basis is delineated into squares, with sides of 10 by 10 cells.
The main tool for embroidery in carpet technique is the knot method - this is a special curved hook, which is also mono to buy in shops with goods for needlework.
Yarn should be cut into pieces from 3 to 10 cm, inDepending on what the future rug should have pile. Yarn can be taken absolutely any. The best option is an acrylic yarn with an average yarn thickness.
The work will be performed on the wrong side of the work on which the diagram is plotted. Before you start, watch the video.
Let's get to work:
- We take one piece of the thread, fold it in half, and this loop with a special hook stretch through the net;
- Both ends of the threads are held with a finger, and then grab them with a hook and pull them through the loop;
Tighten the loop tightly so that it tightly clings to the base;
- Step by step we fill all the cells, selecting the segments of the thread of the required color in accordance with the chosen scheme;
- In the course of work, we process the edges of the product. They need to be bent on the wrong side and included in the work. Or you can simply cover the carpet with a seam over the edge;
- After the end of work, turn the product over to the front side and cut the uneven ends of the thread with scissors.
As a result, you will get a wonderful fluffy rug that can not be distinguished from the purchased Persian carpet. The shape and size can be chosen absolutely any.
Video: master class on embroidery in carpet technique
Other ways of embroidering in carpet technique
Basic seams of carpet embroidery
Seam "elongated cross"
Seam "half-cross" Perhaps, the most famous seam is the "cross". By the way, this seam is the basis for other seams in the carpet technique.
The first step in the direction from left to right is to make an even number of stitches, like half the cross. The second half of the cross will be executed in the opposite direction in the same way.
The next type of carpet is "cross"Elongated. " Thread the working thread at an angle through one vertical and two horizontal threads of the canvas. The work order, in this case, is the following: the working thread is laid in the seam direction from right to left, then it is covered in this way by stitches in the direction from left to right, and after that goes the second row of stitches, but in the opposite direction.
When making a seam "half-cross" you need to selectThe working thread is slightly thinner than the warp yarn. The working thread is drawn horizontally from right to left, and then stitches in the opposite direction are laid over it.
Oblique tapestry seam (first way)
Oblique tapestry seam (second way way)
The elongated oblique tapestry seam "Oblique Gobelin Seam" can be performed in various ways:
- The oblique stitch is made through two strands of the canvas in width, and one in height that passes between the other two horizontal threads, but not overlapping them;
- Stitches are laid obliquely through one vertical and one horizontal thread of the canvas, overlapping the first.
By the way, it is the tapestry seam in various designs that is very similar to the old carpet embroidery.
A little tip: When sewing with a tapestry seam on the embroidery frame, the thread must be transferred to the front side with the backing. And if you embroider without using a hoop, you need to turn the work around when each row ends, and take out the needle after the last stitch.
To perform "oblique and elongated tapestry seam", you need to act in the same way as when embroidering an ordinary, but vertically take three strands.
Very little effort and patience need to be applied,To create a soft and fluffy carpet yourself using carpet techniques. Such an exclusive product will be a wonderful gift to close people or for many years will please you. In addition, the carpet technique of embroidery makes it possible to get rid of the huge amount of yarn remains that are surely stored in the bins of each needlewoman without any work.
Attach maximum imagination, and then you will have a unique masterpiece created by yourself.
Video: tapestry stitch embroidery