Handmade textiles for a long time alreadycome on the heels of their factory friends. The needlewomen put all their skills into their toys, charging the textile craft with energy. Surprisingly, even dolls, made according to the same pattern by different craftsmen, differ from each other. This makes each model exclusive. The most difficult thing in creating a textile doll is working with facial features, especially with the eyes. They determine the nature of the toy and its mood. More and more popular are dolls that look more realistic. Some masters use their artistic talent and draw faces that conquer even those who are completely indifferent to toys.
Councils for sculptural textiles
- Be sure to use a pattern. If your doll is exclusive and you come up with a pattern yourself, then carefully think it over. Draw a diagram. Mark out what your eyes and nose will be like. To do this, make pre-markings on paper, and then transfer to a fabric.
- Make final head packs and only then proceed to the relief.
- If you are going to make a weft for the first time, review a few master classes that do not ruin the craft.
- Make sure that the doll's face is symmetrical. In real life, asymmetry is characteristic for human faces, but it will not look very nice for dolls.
- Think carefully about the nature of your character's character. To do this, think about the location, size and shape of the eyes.
- Take into account, from the nylon get more expressive characters.
With the help of our master class you will learn the basics of a facial tattoo of a textile doll. Experience, sincerity and love for their still unready products will make them unique.