Not only the child, but also any adultIt captures the spirit from the beauty of a kite floating above the ground. Smart, colorful, colorful, in the form of various animals, birds and objects - flying high, almost under the clouds, they are somewhat similar to the ancient dragons. However, the launch of the kite will become even more interesting and exciting process if you make it yourself. An air kite with your own hands is a wonderful creative activity for the whole family.
A little about the features and varieties of products
Kites are not only greatdeveloping toy. The history of this product has been counted for many millennia, since the first mention of it was found even in the second century BC. The mother of the snake is considered to be China, although it was then called the dragon serpent. It was the kite in the form of a dragon - a winged fire-breathing and serpent-like creature that was the most popular. The kites were then made from pieces of silk and bamboo sticks. In addition to the decorative function, snakes were usedfor military and combat purposes as signals or means of observation, and in our time they have also served to study natural phenomena, and to conduct meteorological research, and for various scientific experiments. Today, there are gambling kites, among which there are children's toys, as well as large sports, created specifically for some extreme sports. It's great if the child is interested in such design and wonders how to make a kite with his own hands. Taking a great interest in such an occupation, he will learn how to fantasize and create, will develop his wit and observation, he will be able to independently understand the nature of some things, such as the strength and direction of the wind, the peculiarities of atmospheric phenomena, etc. Then, there is little to make - you still need to know how to launch a kite. To begin with, it is necessary to understand what kind of products are and what they consist of.
Any snake consists of the indispensable basic elements:
- frame - is necessary to maintain the web in a stretched position. The number and peculiarities of the location of the slats that the snake will form determine its model and appearance;
- the surface of the snake - it will be stretched on the frame to create an obstacle to air and produce an aerodynamic or lift force;
- if you want to make a collapsible product, thenyou will need the connecting parts - depending on what size you make it, and what materials you use for it, there are many different solutions and options for these parts;
- The place of attachment is called a snap or bridle- they can be different, for example, if it is with one fixing point, then it will not need adjustment, because to control the snake and set its slope angle will be the tail. For a bridle with two attachment points and more, you will need to install a special adjusting ring and other parts that will allow you to properly control your kite;
- If you want to make a keel, then it can replaceyou have a bridle with two attachment points, but then you can not change the angle of attack, because it will only be fixed (to fix this, several tails are attached to the snake);
- by the way, the tail is not only for beauty, since its task is to stabilize the product in the air and eliminate all the flaws in the flight;
- do not forget about the thread (it is called leer),which will keep your snake, not allowing it to finally fly to the sky. Make sure that the thread is light, but strong, plus - it corresponds to the size of the product. Reel for winding will save you from the annoying entanglement of the thread, the long process of winding it and unwinding, so try not to forget to acquire this accessory.
There are frameless snakes, that is, for their manufacture does not take the frame, and the shape of the snakes only gets through the wind. The most popular model of this type is the paraglider.
So, figuring out all the subtleties and nuances,you can move on to practice. First, let's try to see how at home a kite is made from paper. Such a product can not boast of strength or durability, but on it you can learn how to make kites.
By the way, but in the origami technique there is a basica form called a kite, since the paper figure, folded in this way, is very reminiscent of a weightless flying giant. If you are thinking how to make a kite out of paper, start with an origami assembly. Such a flat serpent can be made of fabric or polyethylene, however with a more serious approach, so that eventually it really could fly:
- locate the center of gravity of the body of the product on the axis of its symmetry (the longitudinal line that divides the body in half);
- correctly adjust the tail so that you can safely operate the snake and carry out any maneuvers;
- Lines or fetters must be fastened in a strictlycertain points and be carefully selected along the length, since it is with their help that you can give the snake the most favorable angle of inclination of the hull to the streams of air, and therefore, create the greatest lift;
- if you make a light snake, then you know that it will rise to a greater height, and with additional load (volumetric tails, ornaments), on the contrary, it will not take off very high.
1 You can choose not only any model orthe size of its future product, but also its appearance, as well as design in general. For example, just imagine how majestic the kite in the form of a dragon or eagle will look in the sky. Do not forget about safety rules and precautions when starting a snake:
- check how strong all connections are, before starting;
- do not start the snake in a thunderstorm;
- it is also unsafe to run near electrical wires, near a railway, an aerodrome, a runway or a road;
- be sure to use a reel coil or wear gloves, as in strong winds or fast unwinding of the thread, you can severely injure your hands (it is better not to grab the hand at all).
Well, you will learn how to fly your snakealready in its very process. Having become skilled in the manufacture of simple and flat products, if you want, you can in time try to make and such a complex construction, like a box snake or multicellular. Enjoy the flight of your creations! See similar master classes: