We sew an elegant knitted dress with our own hands Knitwear is a beautiful and comfortable material from which you can sew an elegant dress that will be appropriate to dress both in the office and at a party. For sewing such a dress you will need:
- table of large sizes for convenience in the process of cutting,
- sewing machine;
- ironing board;
- needle for sewing and for a sewing machine;
- a piece of chalk;
Before you start sewing a future dress, let'swill understand the features of knitted material. It is necessary to know that the jersey consists partly of natural threads, and, consequently, after washing, the fabric can "sit down". For things from this material is quite strong shrinkage. This must be remembered. Before sewing it is necessary to find out the composition of this fabric from the seller in the store or find the information yourself. Over time, you will learn to distinguish the presence of natural fibers in the tissue. To work with a thin stretch fabric, we will use suitable needles ("stretch" or "super stretch" number 75), as well as thin polyester threads. As practice shows, with the purchase of threadsthere will be no difficulties, since it is precisely such types of them that are now more prevalent in specialized stores. And you need to search for necessary needles, because sellers often try to replace "stretch" with "jersey", which are designed to work with sufficiently dense fabric materials. We advise you to find all the same "stretch" needles that have imperceptible, but it is important to round the base of the tip itself, passing through the fibers of the fabric very carefully. Before beginning sewing, stitch on a small residue of the fabric to check the accuracy of your needles with the cloth. Spaces and a large hole from the needle are left, often, out of use tools. Work with knitted material has a number of its features. Therefore, it is worth trying all the technologies you know about sewing clothes from it to determine the most adapted for your machine ways. Before you begin modeling the future dress, you need to make it a pattern that matches your size. You can not leave a classic increase in free fit, because in work with knitwear in this there is no need. 1. Model the pattern of our future dress.
- On the front of the dress we design a groove from the chest down the product, carrying out the necessary cuts along the lines.
- In front of the article we make an allowance from the fold from seven to ten centimeters.
- Spread the skirt along the side lines.
- Make a model of the bodice of the product.
- Model the design of the back of the dress (its back).
2. We make the following elements of the dress:
- four double details of the top of the dress;
- two details of the upper part of the back of the product;
- two details of the belt, which is pruned, the front of the dress;
- two details of the said belt of the rear portion thereof;
- the front of the dress skirt;
- dress skirt back;
- two strips three centimeters wide and fifty centimeters long to create a strapless dress.
3. We sew the dress.
- We sew and we grind the elements of the bodice at the front part of the product and its backrest on the sides.
- The pieces of fabric, intended for straps, we add in half, we put out, we turn outwards.
- We put the cut out parts of the bodice and the lining layer of the fabric one on top of the other.
- On top, you need to machine parts with a machine seam. We turn outward, we pass by a hot iron.
- We make a line at the top of the armhole to pass and set the dress, indent one centimeter from their edge. It is necessary to leave the free part under the elastic band.
- In this stitched hole we insert a stretching string or an elastic band, we take a little to create small folds.
- Elements of the bodice are gathered together and slightly tightened at the bottom.
- We seal the belt with a special strong cloth.
- Pre-connecting the needle part of the backrest belt and transferring our product. Then make the machine stitch.
- Sweep the belt and bodice. Secure with a machine seam.
- The front and back of the skirt are attached to the sides.
- We pull our skirt in the central part.
- Pre-connect the lower and upper part of the dress.
- We turn the lower part and process it with a double machine needle.
- The elements of the belt without obtachka connect on the sides. We make the machine seam on the top of the belt from the underside of our product.
- Then we turn the belt down and pre-make the hints, thus closing the left overshoots.
- In the front part of the belt we attach a decorated ribbon with sequins or sequins.
- Stitches cross between each other, determine and fix the necessary length and attach them to the neckline behind the dress.
All! Dress made of knitted fabric, made by hand, ready.