It took not much time for textiledolls to conquer the hearts of all the skilled craftsmen who make toys with their own hands. Searching for creative ideas for sewing dolls on the Internet, you can find a large number of variations of the manufacture, worthy of respect and admiration. And this applies not only to dolls in human likeness. More and more representatives of the rich world of flora and fauna are emerging. And a vivid example, worthy of universal attention is the sheep, examples of which are very many. There are many varieties of lamb dolls. It can be lambs in the traditional guise, in human clothes with accessories and noble interior dolls, which will become an ornament of any house. Depending on which doll you choose for making, the list of necessary materials and the pattern pattern will vary. Before you start your work on making lamb, it is worth reading the main recommendations:
- in order for the doll to come out successful and proportional, to translate the pattern and cut the details carefully and accurately;
- Determining the size of your pattern, always keep in mind that when stuffing the carcass, the doll becomes wider;
- always pay special attention to the pattern and sewing of the head, because this is the most difficult and responsible moment;
- Cutting out all the details, consider the quality of the material and its ability to stretch.
For the manufacture of lamb you will need two to threethe type of tissue (two types of tissue will be needed to make a calf and one for a breastplate), stuff for embroidery, embroidery threads, paints for muzzle decoration and, most importantly, a pattern for a lamb doll and a sewing scheme. The consumption of materials will always depend on the size of your doll. And below you can see the very pattern of our sheep and the scheme by which all the details of the pattern are collected. Also, we should separately focus on the nuances of the tailoring itself:
- the body for a lamb is better made of terry cloth;
- for the heart on the stomach, the tissue will be brighter, from which you can also make the inner part of the ear;
- when filling the doll, make sure that the filling material does not "run" to the sides. Fix it with a few stitches on the through at the places of joining the brown material with the fur;
- nose, eyes and mouth need to be embroidered with one thread. For a greater effect, the threads are chosen to be coarse;
- stapling of the head - the work is very laborious. It is better to do it manually, sweeping it away;
- Before you sew a head, connect it with the ears.
So doing all the recommendations and knowing all the nuances when sewing it is possible to make such a lovely sheep with your own hands.