Let's talk about such a beautiful home decorcatcher or keeper of dreams, the view of which is already in itself a slight relaxation. Some people believe in the action of such amulets, but it is difficult to deny that they look charming and fill the room with tenderness and tranquility. Here we offer you 2 workshops on how to make an amulet in the form of a dream catcher with your own hands and additionally a whole lot of ideas on their design. Content of the article:
What you need for a dream catcher
- Ring or circle for catcher
- Threads or yarn, you can dissolve for example an old sweater
- Decor at your discretion: feathers, openwork napkins, beads, wooden sticks, etc.
What to make a circle or ring
There are 2 options:
How to make wicker - step by step procedure
- Ordinary willow - it is certainly better to cut off twigs in summer, but in winter it doesn't matter either!
- Take hot water and boil the branches for 5-10 minutes - so that they become soft
- Extinguish and cool to 40 degrees.
- We form the first circle and fix it with a thread. The rest of the willow branches are simply wrapped in a circle around the first one.
- You can additionally fix along the entire perimeter with threads, as shown in the photo.
ATTENTION: Let the ring of branches dry for 2-3 days. Since after drying it may be slightly deformed
Master class step by step on beginners
The simplicity of this dream catcher does not at all diminish his ability to pass only good and kind dreams to you. Very simple master class, just for beginners! Necessary materials:
- Wooden rings (big and small)
- Leather rope
- Threads (suitable for embroidery, or twine)
- Thick knitting thread
Tip: As wooden rings, you can use hoops, large and small, from each need to take one ring. To keep the remaining rings idle, for optimal use of materials you can immediately make two dream catchers, one for yourself and the other for a gift. Step 2: We connect the rings with threads
In this case, we made several circles, weaving the rings until they seemed sufficiently filled.
- Step 3: Tying dangling yarns When the yarn between the rings is ready, you can proceed to the fastening of the lower hanging yarns. Here, their length is about 60 cm, and they took three different colors, not contrasting with each other.
- You can determine for yourself how long the hanging threads in your dreamcatcher will be.
ATTENTION: To tie the thread, first fold it in half, and then fasten it as shown in the photo. Continue until you find that there are already quite a lot of them. Step 4: Fasten the beads As soon as the required amount of fringe is braided, it is time to fix the beads.
- If the hole in the bead and the thickness of the thread are such that the thread is threaded into the bead, and it does not fall off at the same time, then this is enough and there is no need to strengthen it further.
- If the bead slides down the thread, you can insideput a little glue on the beads, or tie a knot under it. Wear beads on randomly selected threads at different heights, not observing any particular order.
TIP: There is no need to observe symmetry or any patterns, just enjoy the process. Step 5: Finishing touches Now you just have to attach a few feathers at the bottom (they can be threaded into beads, or glued / tied to hanging threads). After that, the dream catcher is ready to protect your dream and decorate the wall!
Catcher Weaving Patterns
In the master class above, the simplest weaving pattern for beginners was given. Below are more complex schemes for advanced and amateurs.
Dreamcatcher with lace
Add to the traditional design in bright colors and with a few bright colors of lace, and get just such a wonderful new interpretation. Snow white lace, rope, beads and featherscreate the impression that this thing is really from the world of dreams and dreams. For those who are good at knitting, the inner part of the ring can be filled with a knitted pattern, not a lace fabric. TIP: Ideal for creating a home of vintage style. Hand-crocheted lace and the finestribbons of white and pale pink make this dream catcher so soft and inspiring to the purest thoughts. With him you dream of boundless sandy seashore, fluffy clouds, and many other pleasant things. Another opportunity for those who understandknitting hooks and threads, to demonstrate their skills. Add to this lace ribbons, wooden beads and a few feathers, and the product is ready. Lovers knitting is easy to createsuch beauty. Ribbons here harmoniously alternate with pebbles tied up, creating their own special style. And again, the twigs that complement the overall picture. Master class how to make step by step Required materials:
- Lace fabric and lace ribbons;
- Beads of various shapes and colors;
- Needle and thread;
- Medium sized wooden ring;
- Step 1: Cut the fabric. Put a wooden ring on the lace fabric and circle it with a pencil on the inner rim. After that, carefully cut the fabric along the intended line. Step 2: Fasten the fabric to the wooden ring. Using a needle and thread, attach the lace fabric to the wooden ring.
- Step 3: We cling beads to ribbons. Take a few lace ribbons and thread them through different colored beads. Attach feathers to each ribbon at one end.
- Step 4: Tie the Ribbons and Twine. Cut a few strings of approximately the same length as lace ribbons. And the ribbons and twine need to be tied to a wooden ring. You can also attach the beads to the string so that they do not fall off, tie a knot under each bead.
- Step 5: Make a loop from above. On the part of the ring that will be on top, tie a string and thread it through the wooden bead, making a long enough loop for hanging.
It turns out a wonderful dream catcher, which will protect your sleep and home comfort!
Feather and thread catcher
Painted feathers can change a lot of things in design. Suitable for an apartment in a strict classical style and will bring into it its own special charm. This dream catcher looks so mysticalthat, willy-nilly, you begin to believe in his power. And to make it quite simple: colored lace ribbons, strings, beads and feathers. The interlacing in the middle of the hoop will allow only the happiest dreams to pass to you at night! Such bright and beautiful feathers just can notlying idle, and you can’t think of a better place, because all the other details, as if adjusted to them. Here there are several headbands of different sizes, which are combined in one composition, and can be combined as well as possible. Here the main role is played by large feathers with bright patterns, and complements their beautiful pattern in the middle of the ring and a few beads. As many as five rings, connected into one, will protect your nightly calm. Good dreams are guaranteed here, there are simply no other options!
The tree here suggests that although we are notwe are able to fully comprehend all the forces of nature, but we can admire and enjoy them. Such a product will be a wonderful interior decoration, because it is a real little creation of art.
With such a thing in your house there will definitely be more peace, and not only in a dream. The icon of the world, woven from leather, leather ropes at the bottom and even leather feathers, real happiness for lovers of the flow of hippies. Here the inner circle is not in the center.external, giving the chance to depart a little from symmetry and severity. The moonstone below and the rest of the pebbles, woven into a pattern of threads, give the spirit of this magic.
Dreamcatcher from branches
This bright and colorful catcher will be reliableDream protection for young children and teenagers. Feathers, painted in pink color, colorful wooden twig, and other components make it so interesting and original. Mystic and so hovers around this product. Feathers, or rather many feathers, and their shadows, as well as the interwoven branch, will leave no doubt as to the strength of this dream catcher. Chaotic weave of threads associated with the flow of thoughts in my head, which must be left to fall asleep pleasant and deep sleep. And just this catcher will help you. Another option with a woven twig. Hand-painted feathers in blue tones seem to bring us a sea wave, and with it fresh fresh thoughts and dreams. The presence of branches, flowers and butterflies gives a sense of greater unity with nature, and even better protection of your dreams. Perfect for a girl's room.
Moon shaped dream catcher
The ancient Indians made the dream catchers round, witha hole in the middle through which only good dreams should pass. Now the look has changed a bit, and the design of dream catchers has become more diverse, but the essence that this thing carries in itself remains the same as it was. The moon is made of twigs and weaves, colored feathers and delicate flowers; at one glance it all tends to sleep. Very beautiful and gentle modern interpretation of the dreamcatcher. A bizarre moon, blue feathers, and a butterfly that carries only light and good dreams and dreams on its wings. A wonderful combination, is not it? The moon in the center, the weaving between the circles, and the feathers create a magical spirit that will fill your entire room. Yin and Yang, a combination of black and white, a suitable choice for connoisseurs of Eastern philosophy. And it looks just wonderful!
Bead and Bead
Crystal beads so wonderfully reflectsunlight, filling the room with colorful modulations! Such a dream catcher will work day and night, fulfilling his special goal at every time, bringing all the joys of sunny days and the lightest dreams. Here, the circle is not taken as a basis, as in mostoptions, and deer horns, and this makes this dream catcher a real shaman's creation. They add mysticism and feathers with turquoise and black stones. Is there any chance for some dreams, except good, to penetrate into your head, guarded by such a guard?
Dreamcatcher with flowers
Gentle pink and blue feathers, beautifula large stone shimmering from the sun's rays, flowers and delicate weaving make this dream catcher soft and feminine. It will be a real highlight of your room, from which it is difficult to look away. An interesting combination of ribbons and feathers thathere they take every place, unlike most variants, where feathers are tied to the lower part of ribbons. Your dreams will be as even as ribbons, and light as feathers, and a little floral scent will be added to all this. There are no weaves, the ring remains completelyempty in the middle, and only the green twig itself winds along it, and a few roses are attached on top. Also, there are no beads or feathers, they are replaced by small kitichki. Ideal not only for the bedroom, but also for the decoration of a wedding or other celebration.
Volumetric 3D Dream Catcher
Looking at this design, it seems that you are running and circling around the chamomile field. Body and thoughts are filled with ease and dreams come to you, carrying a carelessness and freshness. And what if you make the design of the lamp in the form of a dream catcher? Both the lamp itself and the shadows created on it by the walls look very original, and they adjust to the state of peace of mind. A themed dream trap in the sea style will be a wonderful dream guard for little pirates and mermaids, while decorating their children's rooms. Here the bezel is made in the shape of a heart, and it consists of woven thin twigs. Decoration in the form of handmade crocheted flowers makes it even more delicate. How do you like this bedroom decorating option?