Embroidery on the cardboard threads in the technique of isolating (video)
- Art on a piece of paper
- Materials for embroidery
- Peculiarities of embroidery on cardboard
- Embroidered card on cardboard
Embroidery thread - one of the oldest speciesFolk art. Embroider on canvas, gabardine, leather, satin, paper ... And, probably, the works on paper are the most interesting and unusual. Such needlework is known by the term "quarantine" or "thread chart."
Art on a piece of paper
- unique artistic creation of products inDifferent styles with the help of multi-colored threads. The essence of the work is that the threads are stretched by a certain method on cardboard or other thick paper. With this type of embroidery, you can create a wide variety of images. At the same time, they are both volumetric and flat.
The technique of performing the work is very simple. It is perfect for beginners in this type of needlework. This way of embroidery is a great way to introduce children to folk art. Work on such needlework is simple, but very exciting, which, of course, will appeal to the children. Embroider on cardboard can be the most common ways, only a few adapted to work with paper. Schemes can be done in a wide variety of topics.
Materials for embroidery
Very often for embroidery use a specialCorrugated paper. Its advantage is that it resembles an ordinary canvas. That is, there are ready-made holes on it and no additional processing is needed. On such material it is very convenient to embroider a cross. It is an excellent option for beginners. Also for this type of needlework cardboard or velvet paper is used. With these fundamentals it is somewhat more difficult to work, because it is not always possible to calculate the tension of a thread or incorrectly position a hole.
Threads In addition, special attention should be paid toGive the choice of thread for embroidery. In principle, any smooth materials will work. Regardless of the thickness and raw materials from which they are made. Completely suitable thread will be linen, cotton or silk. The best are the threads of the mulina and iris. From woolen should be discarded, especially for beginner needlewomen, since their structure is not smooth, and they will cling to the paper, thereby greatly complicating the work.
As for the coloring of the threads, the choice of the product should be chosen accordingly. But in this embroidery thread with a shine look much nicer than their matte relatives.
Also, the work will require the use of certain tools:
scissors. They are necessary for trimming threads during embroidery. It is better to choose small, with sharp endings. The blades should close easily and to the end;
- pencil. It is needed to apply the drawing on paper. It is more correct to stop the choice on a simple hard pencil. Due to the special structure of the lead on the cardboard there will be no thick lines;
- awl. This tool is used only for working with thick material, since the holes from it turn out to be coarse and large;
- pin. It is needed when embroidery is produced on thin paper. Here, the material treated with an awl will not have a good aesthetic appearance. In the absence of a pin it is permissible to use a regular needle or needle from an ordinary syringe;
- needle. You can use needles of different sizes for embroidering with threads on cardboard. But at work it is necessary to take into account the thickness of the thread. If they are folded several times, it is preferable to take a thick needle with a large eye;
- substrate. Such material is used during the piercing of holes on the cardboard. That the embroidery is not deformed, on it from the wrong side is placed some dense material with a porous structure;
- Ruler. It will be required to draw lines of the image and clearly place the figures. It is better to choose transparent. This is more convenient for beginners, since it allows you to calculate all the manipulations in advance;
- compass. Used to compose the right circles and clearly position the corners. Thimble. This tool is used in all kinds of such needlework. It not only protects the fingers from needle pricking, but also allows it to be conveniently pushed into the cardboard;
- Fasteners. Such an adaptation is useful when you need to transfer the pattern to the base. With the help of such a thing, the circuits are attached to the cardboard. An excellent option in this case can be paper clips.
Peculiarities of embroidery on cardboard
This kind of needlework has its secrets and rules. And in order for the product to work they must be adhered to:
- On paper, not every embroidery will look beautiful. For the first time, it's better not to experiment, but to choose an already-proven drawing;
- It is better not to use twisted threads. This can break the paper. For the same reason, one should not embroider a very large bundle of threads;
- Do not enter and withdraw a needle several times in the same hole. Cardboard can be spoiled;
- If the circuits require frequent insertion of the thread into the same puncture, it is better to use a thin thread;
- In the case where color transitions are visible on the product, after the end of work on the reverse half, a piece of paper or some kind of fabric should be glued;
- Embroidery on cardboard is performed by the method of filling corners, circles and arc-shaped elements. The main methods of embroidery on cardboard.
Filling the corner On the back of the baseThe angular contour of the future image is drawn. On the lines are marked with a pencil point on the same boring one from the other. To make a drawing there is a clear gap between them you need to do minimal. Each mark is pierced with an awl or pin. All holes are better numbered, respectively, the circuit.
The thread is cut into a needle and, by pulling inHoles, fill the entire image. Patterns on the front and back sides will be different. On the face intersecting threads create a triangle with one concave side, on the wrong side the stitches are located only on the angular sides.
Filling the circle On the back of the baseWith the help of a circular, a circle is drawn and pencil marks are made. According to the marked points of the circuit, holes are made that must be an even number. Filling this figure with threads should be done starting from any hole. The size of the finished drawing depends on the distance between two points on the circle. The smaller this segment, the wider will be the interior of the circle and already its border.
Arc embroidery Circuits in the form of arcs are drawn onThe wrong side of the work, and are divided into equal parts. Shiloh holes are made. Start filling with the starting point. The length of the stitches is one third of the arc. The smaller the length of the segments, the thinner the image of the arc will be.
Embroidered card on cardboard
We offer a small master-class of making postcards in
. Such embroidery is an excellent option for beginning masters to try their hand at this business.
For work you will need:
- Blue cardboard;
- More colorful than a thread;
- Paper clips;
- Hard pencil;
Production process The card will be painted with a New Year white horse.
First you need to fold the cardboard in half. Embroidery is made on the front of the top page. To do this, you must first draw a picture of the horse on the back of the cardboard. In this process, you need to take into account one nuance. On the other hand, the figure will have a mirror image. Therefore it is important to draw it correctly.
Mark the puncture points with a pencil at your discretion. The main thing is that they are not at a great distance from each other.
With the help of an awl you need to make holes inMarked places according to the picture scheme. Embroidery begins with a large white snowflake. It consists of corners. We fill them with the appropriate method, as shown in the diagram.
Also embroidered and small snowflakes.
Then, in the same way, you need to sew a rim for the stone in the crown and eye. Nostrils are made a black thread, circles and semicircles on a horse are made by blue threads. The pupil is black, the stone in the crown is red.
The contour of the eye is embroidered by the method: two stitches forward on the front side and one stitch back on the purl. Used for this black thread.
We pass to the hooves. They are embroidered in yellow thread by the way of tilting the stitches in one direction. After the series is sewn, it is necessary to do the same method in the opposite direction. As a result, the embroidered fragment must be crossed. The contour is made by the previous method: two stitches forward on the face, one back on the wrong side. With these cross stitches you need to embroider all hooves and crown.
Next, we embroider the mouth with a red thread, the body is blue, the tail and mane are filled with the arc method with a white thread. The postcard is ready!
Some nuances Schemes can be drawn not on cardboard, but immediately made on thin paper, attach to the base and pierce the marks with a pin. Then on the cardboard will not be visible lines of drawing.
On the reverse side of the first page of the postcard(The one where the embroidery is made), you can paste a piece of paper of the same color. It will not only cover the inside of the work, but also create an additional space for writing a beautiful congratulation.
The highest degrees of mastery when embroideringOn the cardboard is considered the creation of tonal images. When manufacturing them, you need to correctly calculate the technique of execution, background, placement of parts, selection of threads and the purpose of the future product.