The technique of embroidering an icon with beads, like any othertechnique of this type of needlework, is especially relevant in our time. Thanks to the exact follow-up of the instructions, almost any skilled worker (experienced needlewoman, since for beginners this is a very difficult work) will be able to produce the face of the Mother of God on her own, for example. It should be remembered that work on the church image requires maximum attention, patience, skills and preparation. Among the many images embroidered with beads on a fabric basis, special attention deserves the embroidery of icons. Beads - a fertile material that allows you to create real masterpieces of art. There are different techniques of embroidery and stitches (in most cases, used arched). But special attention and respect deserve exactly the technique of embroidering an icon with beads, which we'll talk about in our article. Before proceeding to the working process,should set a clear goal, what exactly we want to see in the end. If this is a usual peculiar drawing of the saints' face or any other image on the subject of the church in the form of a beautiful picture, "secular" embroidery, then it will be appropriate to use different colors and shades, an arched seam. The needlewoman will enjoy both the process of making the product and the result obtained. But, in the event that we want to embroider the icon, the church image, it is necessary to take into account all the rules.
- The embroidery of icons uses a separate color palette.
- The product is embroidered in the most ancient way - facialsmooth. Very often the technique is also used for embroidering other elements of church attributes, in particular, it extends the iconostases of marching, hanging shrouds for icons, shrouds are decorated, liturgical suits, vestments of church ministers and banners and other utensils.
Long before today, when creating iconsused pearls, which served as decoration. He fastened to the canvas with a seam and a pin. Today, the role of this decoration is precisely the beads, which have excellent properties and have a rich palette of colors. To date, you can distinguish three ways of making icons:
- The image of the future icon, drawn on paper, is transferred to the fabric or the image is painted on the canvas itself. Then the vestments and other parts of the future icon are beaded.
- The face is sewed with facial sewing, all other parts, in particular, are embroidered with beads. With this method, a paper icon is also used.
- The icon (fully) is embroidered with a cross, according to the counting scheme. It should be remembered that this technique of embroidering icons with beads does not apply to the canon.
In the photo you will find the diagrams and drawings necessary for embroidering icons with beads. Despite the apparent simplicity of the canonical techniqueembroidery is a very complex and time-consuming process, requiring too much experience, attention, patience. A beginner skilled worker is unlikely to be able to perform this work. Therefore, before embarking on the technique of making (beading) icons, it is better to fill your hand with ordinary "secular" embroidery.